Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Sunday, April 18

It Conquered the World - but not DVD

This year at Wonderfest the movie I'll be hosting for our Chiller Theater live show is the Roger Corman classic, IT CONQUERED THE WORLD. In looking for a print of the movie it quickly became apparant that it had never been released on DVD.

I couldn't believe it - but it's true. But thanks to Donnie Waddell the day was saved - he had a dvd-r copy which I am going to trim down to a shortened, streamlined version for the show.

Next year for the Rondo Awards I definitely know what I'm putting down for classic most in need of a DVD release. IT CONQUERED THE WORLD needs a proppa release, and Buelah's not happy about it! It's just a shame that Beverly Garland isn't around to do a commentary track for it any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment