Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Friday, February 17

Leaving Marks

As I mentioned yesterday, my favorite thing about the Rondos is discovering new works that I'd probably not see if they weren't spotlighted in this award. It's going to take me a while to check out the links to all the nominees, but that's where the fun comes in. I wanted to share with you guys one of the nominees in the Best Independent Film Category:

It's called Bite Marks, and it's written and directed by Mark Bessenger, a first time film maker. It is, as you can guess from the title, a vampire movie. A big rig carrying a load of coffins, which later turns out to be a single coffin, stops to pick up a pair of hitchhikers. Along the way they pull over at a truck stop and things get out of hand quickly when the occupant of said coffin awakes.

The producers of this film are obviously big fans of Fright Night. There is a character named Brewster in this film and I also spotted actor Stephen Geoffreys in the trailer as well. He's the guy who played Evil in the original Fright Night. This film looks like it's a hoot. Nicely shot, a decent budget and my only complaint about the trailer is that some of the music in it is pretty bad. But this definitely looks like one I worth tracking down.

You can visit their Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bite-Marks-The-Movie/158292614208026

Here's the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment