Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Wednesday, April 11

My favorite Peter Cushing film - Island of Terror

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite Peter Cushing film - well, at least for today it is. It is definitely in my top ten. No I'm not talking about the Projected Man, the other half of this double feature, I'm talking about the one and only, mucho action, weird crawling terror, axe wielding sci-fi classic ISLAND OF TERROR. This one feels very much like a Hammer movie, though it's not. That is probably because it stars Cushing and is directed by the imitable Terrance Fisher. Definitely worth tracking down and definitely a movie worth a proper DVD release. click to enlarge this giant half-sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment